Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Set Back

As you may have noticed, my Pinon Terrace ticker has changed significantly. That's because I got a call today informing me that the contractors and developers are not going to have the apartments ready for move-in until:

NOVEMBER 30th
Booo HISSS. I hate anticlimax. Build-up and letdown. One more month with my mother :(
Its going to be a long, cold trek with my belongings from Mancos to Durango at the end of November. To my friends who are helping me move....I'm sorry your fingers will be frozen to a point beyond recognition. I'm sorry we will have to brave (most definitely) snow and ice covered roads for 35+ miles.
Believe me, I will make it up to you.
Plus this gives me a whole extra month to plan the housewarming party. Any suggestions for the theme? It will be after Thanksgiving, so I guess no free turkey dinner for all of you. hehe.
I guess I should really just keep my fingers crossed that the date doesn't get pushed back even further into the DEAD of winter.
Please. Please.Please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks. I will still help; we can brave the snows in my truck and test the four wheel drive. I can't think of a good theme though, the only thing that comes to mind is Christmas and that's not creative at all. Have fun. Love ya =)

Unknown said...

Sorry huny.

Ack! I'll be out of town. I'll be happy to help when I get back (4-wheel drive suv's rock!). You gotta wait for the housewarming though! Just one extra week...

Theme...leftovers? (turkey, eh)...things we have waited too long for? (like a presidential election)...independence day? (hey, if they can start christmas in August, we can have July in December)