Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Toothache

My tooth hurts. Let me be honest and say that I haven't been to the dentist since my wisdom teeth were extracted in 2005. Yeah, a real FOND memory.

For all you lucky women who have decent teeth, after you get pregnant, that all goes to hell. My gums are shot. In pregnancy books, they have a term called "pink toothbrush", meaning that your gums have a tendency to bleed when you are pregnant, so teeth brushing is a yummy experience.

So I sucked it up and went back to the dentist, who informed me that I have 4 cavities. One on the right and 3 on the left.

Yay. Stupid Preggie Pops.

I sat in the dentist's office for 45 minutes yesterday, waiting to get my left side drilled, cause who wants BOTH sides of their mouth numb? And it was a good thing, because those 3 cavities on my left are starting to ache like a muther.

Sadly though, my appointment was pushing 3:15 and I had to pick up LB at 4:30, so I asked if they were gonna be done by then. Um, definitely not. So they filled the one cavity on my right.

My right side still hurts, and my left side feels like a toad is living in there and I can't feel it.

The dude next to me was getting root canal, so the doc was all "I'm writing you a prescription for Lortab, Ok?"

Lucky bastard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well I haven't been to the dentist since I got my wisdom teeth out either, so it's been like four or five years now. I really hate going, it seems like they ALWAYS flippin' find something. Sorry about the numbness. Feel better, love ya =)

Elizabeth Cull said...

And this is where the importance of regular visit comes along. Regular maintenance visits, however one looks at it, is more important than having a single visit which is something more about treatment or, yipes, surgery. Maybe your dentist would have advised you a few things about teeth and pregnancy.