Thursday, November 8, 2007

Out of Whack

So I didn't post yesterday because I was driving the 6 hr round trip to beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico. I got there, spent 15 minutes in the doctor's office, and got in my car to drive home. Ugh what a drag. I did treat myself to three brand new CDs for the long-ass drive. Yes, I bought my first Britney Spears CD on itunes Tuesday night. I also bought the new cd from Little Big Town, as well as Paul Van Dyk's CD- "In Between". Eclectic mix huh? I also had my own mix, which I named "Egg Donor Mix 2007" haha- Songs ranging from "The Sweetest Girl" to "Crazy Bitch"

In other news, I have hacked the workout tree for two days in a row. I'm bad. Poor JL is the lone survivor, but I promise to get it together tomorrow. I WILL workout.

I was also shamed by a 3 year old on Tuesday, which may be one of the reasons I haven't felt inspired to workout. I was eating lunch at Himalayan Cuisine, and a little child at the other table point to me and says "Mommy, that girl is fat."

The parents quickly scooped their kid up and ushered him/her out the door. I called for the check, completely humiliated. That has never happened to me before. Nothing like a 3 year old to completely crush your good feelings on making an effort to lose weight. My mom says its just Karma, because I did the same thing when I was three. Ughhh. Either way, it was not a fun experience, and I can't wait for LB to do the same thing one day.

I also have this lingering feeling that my babydaddy is going to skip town. He's told me he is ditching his caretakership in Mancos, and feels like "starting over somewhere new". I really wouldn't know how to explain that to LB without making him look like a complete asshole. But I guess she'll figure it out on her own. Must be nice to be able to run away every time you have a problem.

I woke up numerous times last night, having bitten my tongue in my sleep. I think I need to go soak in a hot springs or something before I wake up one night choking on my own blood. Anyone have an idea on reducing stress that doesn't involve exercise or food, oh and it has to include a 17 month old toddler. UGHH.

6 comments:

KarmaTee said...

Hang in there, lady. And don't neglect the power of singing in the car to relieve a little pent-up stress.

TSintheC said...

a nice long soak in a warm tub.....guaranteed to cure what ails you. Oh, don't forget the glass of wine.

Anonymous said...

I swear could you have more crap in your life? Sorry about the toddler thing, you are NOT fat. If it makes you feel better, I didn't work out this morning, but I did yesterday. For stress relief we should have a girls night it, this way LB can come and we can rant about how crazy everything has been. Love ya!

Liz Dwyer said...

Girl, love the Paul Van Dyk! He's awesome. I hear Britney's pretty good too.

That little girl saying that to you. Whoo, that's tough. My littlest one regularly rubs my tummy and tells me it's nice and fat. Gosh, it's a little embarrassing. Did I already tell you that I'm writing for Curves? If not, go check it out at http://curvesfoods.com/blogs

Just keep the workouts going. It'll all come together!

nrbrinkhoff said...

Oh Hanna! I am sorry! The little girl has no idea what she is talking about, you are no where near fat!! I wish I were there, I think it would be great for us all to go reminisce and go soak it up at Orvis! I miss you so much. As for your baby daddy, I can't believe he is acting the way he is. Its not fair, but it shows how strong you are, and I admire that so much!! Much love! :)

nrbrinkhoff said...

Bye the bye, I forgot to ask what you thought of Britney's new album? I am LOVING it!! (of course)