Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Head Up

I woke up this morning, and thought about continuing my routine that I have fallen into this last week:

  1. Get up at 5:00 am
  2. Give self shot in belly.
  3. Go back to sleep until LB wakes up screaming.

I was fully prepared to crawl back under the covers, but as I was drawing up my injection, I said to myself "You're only gonna feel worse if you go back to bed, so suck it up and do your new Crunch DVD."

That urge to retreat to the layers of warmth in my bedroom is like heroin to me. The Pisces in me wants to return to the unconscious world of sleep, where nothing has to be on a routine, or make any sort of sense. Where I'm not the responsible one, obligated to worry and stress.

The fact that Ive gained back the 5 lbs Ive lost, makes this urge even more overwhelming. I want to curl up in my layers of Thanksgiving fat, and doze off again. Even if its just for 15 minutes.

But I resisted. I put the DVD in the player, and pouted through my super-perky aerobics. At least its a start, right?

And I am finally moving this weekend! See the ticker? It's almost here, and since I have such wonderful friends who are helping me, I know that we will be able to ignore the fact that its supposed to snow at least 6 inches on Saturday...oh AND Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, well, I haven't worked out in a week either and have probably gained back everything too. I'm really pissed I have been so sick (I hope it wasn't me that gave it to LB), especially this time of year with all the holiday stuff to do. Anyways, I hope your day is better. Love you!!