Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Take the money and run

I received a letter from a brand new housing development, saying they wanted me to come in for an interview and bring the following:

  • Social security card and birth certificates for children
  • SS Card and other form of ID for me
  • Pay stubs from the last 4 months
  • Address and bank account information
  • Proof of child support
  • $100.00 (Administration Fee)

After filling out 1o pages of paperwork, they informed me that they will call me once they have checked out my:

  • Bank Account Status
  • Employment Status
  • Rental History
  • Credit Score

I told them: "Look, I know my credit is bad, and I have limited rental history due to the fact I have moved so many times in the last two years. I put this on my initial application. Now you want $100 before you check all these things out"

They say: "If you don't have good credit or 2 years of good rental history, you can fill out an Alternative letter of Recommendation form."

My $100 is non-refundable.

I just don't understand it. What kind of people are going to be applying for a Housing Project in the first place? People with good credit? People who have stable housing? No.

I am not expecting a call. Might as well move into a motel already.

No comments: