Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Warden

Yesterday was a doosy. I volunteered to help out with our brand spanking new after school program and realized that keeping it from simply herding the kids from one place to another turned out to be almost impossible.

in the space of three hours I:

  • Stopped up a bloody nose
  • Put Ice packs on a jump-rope whipped eye
  • Had a parent call the cops on me because her daughter was in the bathroom unattended
  • Had to do everything to keep the woman in charge from quitting

So all in all, not bad for the first day right?

HA

The kids were awesome though. I had a 9 year old come up to me and this occurred:

9-Year old: Do you have kids?

Me: Yes I do.

9-Year old: Well you look like you do.

Me: What do you mean?

9-Year old: You just do.

Me: Well how old do you think my kids are?

9-Year old: (thinking really hard) about 2, I'd say.

Is this kid psychic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Could you have had a more chaotic day? I had a kid break an arm on the football field when I was student teaching. Him and his friends thought a dogpile would be fun. They lifted him up, he was off balance and the rest is history. Good luck, believe me I feel for you.